So like 3/4 of my day today will be spent putting labels on spanish-language brochures, which will then be mailed to a health fair that is taking place on Sunday. Pros: it's a mindless job, so I can kind of zone out the whole time and just get into a routine and not think about anything. Cons: I AM PUTTING LABELS ON THINGS ALL DAY, and this is what has resulted from my college degree and my years of hard work.
Guhhh, life.
Also, I find it really irritating when people use the phrase "move forward" with regard to business. I.e.; "I'd like to move forward on that project;" "Let's get that process moving forward." That doesn't even make any sense. We're not talking about things that can be moved forward in any tangible, relevant sense. Does anyone hear me on that? It sounds like crazy pretentious business-major bullshit vernacular. I don't know. Sometimes I get pissed off by phrases that really don't bother anyone else. There was a several-year period in college when I hated hearing people use "badass" as an adjective, for example.
Sam had a good job interview today at a law firm which makes me teh happiez. Many fingers crossed.
Overheard in my office: "If 30 people show up for this thing, I will butter my hat."
Butter your hat? Rly, dood?
I get to sleep late tomorrow because I am working late tonight! This is great news.
I have been having really vivid dreams, many of which are bad and cause me to wake up scared and/or completely disturbed and/or sometimes screaming to myself, in my head. One of them was sweet, though. It involved Prince doing a live band karaoke show of all kinds of Prince songs. Some stranger was given the chance to sing "I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man" but didn't know all the words, so she let me do it. I didn't know all the words either, but luckily for me Katie Dalby was there and helped me learn them before I went on.
....?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment