Wednesday, March 11, 2009

today is a winner

Dude, good things are happening for me today.
I just got this e-mail from one of my bosses. Nay, EVERYONE in the office got this e-mail:

Good Afternoon,

Please join us for some cake today in the Bistro at 3pm to celebrate Caitlyn’s excellent outreach efforts. She has been able to book a record breaking 16 speaking engagements in the short month of February.

Hope to see you there!

HOW SWEET IS THAT??? FKIN CAKE, FOR ME!! AND MY EFFORTS!! Coconut lemon! What a fantastic surprise! This is awesome, and comes at an awesome time. I was getting so disenchanted with work and my job and life and basically everything. But now I've got this little bit of recognition. My state-of-mind is already improving by leaps and bounds. H'ray! Also: GUESS WHO'S NOT GETTING LAID OFF? This guy!

I totally never thought anyone really noticed or cared about my work. Sweet.

Oh happy day!

Perhaps even better than all this is that my work friend Greg has lent me none other than Con Air, feat. Nic Cage, John Malkovich and John Cusack. This is absolutely getting watched tonight. I am going to go home, make some dins, drink some vino and watch the shit out of Con Air. You are jealous.

Guysssss I am having a good day!

The box of brochures and materials that I was working on putting together yesterday is getting sent out today. It weighs a whopping 36lbs. I can hardly lift it.

1 comment: